Thursday, June 5, 2008

Being a Squid Angel


Being a squid angel is an honor and I feel very privileged to be one. It is also a great responsibility. I find that I do give far more thumbs up than thumbs down.

What I look for in a lens to bless is quality. Sometimes, the lens already ranks high. These lenses are held to a higher standard than a lower ranked lens when I look to bless it. To bless a high ranking lens, it has to look good, have original content, and have that certain something that makes it stand out.

For a lower ranked lens, I may bless one if it has great content. These lenses are often not as flashy looking as the higher ranking lenses, but I like to bless these for encouragement and to give the lensmaster a reason to keep up the good work.

The lenses I ding downward are typically spam. They may have a module at the bottom of the lens with nothing but stuffed keywords, or they may be just copy and pasted, thrown together lenses.

If you have a lens that you would like for me to review for a blessing, feel free to leave a comment here with your lens URL. If your lens makes the cut, you may just find a boost coming to your lensrank.

No comments: